Do you love young adult books and want to become lead curator for Fox & Wit's monthly YA book subscription boxes? Read more below on how to apply and requirements needed.
- Actively reads young adult novels and knows current trends
- understands Fox & Wit's selection of books
- able to communicate visual detail and design to artists
- familiar with and able to do research on artists
- has strong time management
- good with learning new software systems (will need to learn our email system)
- quick reader
- have access to a kindle app and can read manuscripts digitally
- basic understanding of excel
- must be willing to sign non-disclosure and non-competing work clause
- Access to a computer and reliable internet as this is 100% remote work
due to taxes you must be a US resident tax payer. Ages 18+.
- read through selections of young adult titles to decide on best title for each month
- look through publisher catalog and curate possible title selections
- locate artists to best represent each the book and its dust jacket cover and work with them on designing a cover
- able to communicate the visual direction for monthly theme cards
- write a short non-spoiler description of the book in order to sell it to buyers (should not give away easily identifiable information such as character's names)
- be able to work inside of our email system
- log title selections into excel and provide artist details
- provide a theme name for the book
How to Apply:
Pick any book that you enjoy and think will be a good fit for Fox & Wit YA's box. Why did you choose this title? How does it fit our audience brand? Then include a link to an artist you think would best fit the book. Provide a written description for how you would ask the artist to sketch out the cover (it can be brief!)
Write a short blurb to pitch it to our buyers.
What would the theme name be?
What's an anticipated release you think would be a good fit for our boxes based on synopsis?
Please include all this information plus your resume with any relevant experience to Mary[at]foxandwit[dot]com with the subject heading: application for YA curator position
Deadline August 28th We are closing this on August 14th due to time constraint
Compensation and time:
This will be part time work. Our curators average roughly 10 hours of active work per box (not counting the time it takes to read the book). We are paying per box plus complimentary YA and adult boxes every month.
You will be entitled to request digital arcs for work purposes.